* The copyright of Postgres™ 1.0 has been loosened to
be freely modifiable
and modifiable for any purpose. Please read the COPYRIGHT file.
Thanks to Professor Michael Stonebraker for making this possible.
* date formats have to be MM-DD-YYYY (or DD-MM-YYYY if you're using
EUROPEAN STYLE). This follows SQL-92 specs.
* "delimiters" is now a key word
* sql LIKE syntax has been added
* copy command now takes an optional USING DELIMITER specification.
delimiters can be any single-character string.
* IRIX 5.3 port has been added.
Thanks to Paul Walmsley and others.
* updated pg_dump to work with new libpq
* \d has been added psql
Thanks to Keith Parks
* regexp performance for architectures that use POSIX regex has been
improved due to caching of precompiled patterns.
Thanks to Alistair Crooks
* a new version of libpq++
Thanks to William Wanders
* arbitrary userids can be specified in the createuser script
* \c to connect to other databases in psql now works.
* bad pg_proc entry for float4inc() is fixed
* users with usecreatedb field set can now create databases without
having to be usesuper
* remove access control entries when the entry no longer has any
* fixed non-portable datetimes implementation
* added kerberos flags to the src/backend/Makefile
* libpq now works with kerberos
* typographic errors in the user manual have been corrected.
* btrees with multiple index never worked, now we tell you they don't
work when you try to use them